1. What is your age?
I will be 26 years old.
2. Where do you live?
I will be living in the downtown Washington D.C. area.
3. What do you like to do outside of work?
I like to golf and watch the Red Skins with Collin and Brendyn.
4. What is your job title?
My job title is Junior Designer.
5. When and why did you choose your career path?
Junoir year of highschool is when I decided I wanted to be an architect becuase CEA was so interesting.
6. What is the name of your company or employer?
I work at CORE.
http://www.selophane.com/index.php/2008/10/24/top-24-architecture-design-firms-in-the-washington-dc-area
http://www.selophane.com/index.php/2008/10/24/top-24-architecture-design-firms-in-the-washington-dc-area
7. Describe your primary duties and skills. [Cite your source(s)]
8. Describe your physical work environment.
I work in an office building along with other fellow architects.
9. What is your favorite part of your job?
My favorite part is sketching up the exteroir of the building and when Mr. Davis comes for a visits.
10. What is your salary? [Cite your source(s)]
I make $49,940 per year.
11. Which accredited school did you first attend, and what was your degree? [Cite your source(s)]
I attend Ball State Univeristy.
http://cms.bsu.edu/Academics/CollegesandDepartments/GradSchool/Academics.aspx
12. Describe in detail three of the courses that you took which are closely related to your current career. [Cite your source(s)]
12. Describe in detail three of the courses that you took which are closely related to your current career. [Cite your source(s)]
Architectural Design Studio, Graduate architecture studio involves topical architectural problems. Students are expected to increasingly define their own interests and take initiative in defining design concepts, tasks, and opportunities; Historic Preservation Design Studio,Selected problems and issues in historic preservation at all scales in an applied context. Opportunity to implement concepts learned in a creative environment. Field trips to project sites; Architecture Workshop; Graduate architecture workshop involves short exploratory architectural exercises or projects.
13. Describe the two courses that you considered most challenging. [Cite your source(s) and include a course listing from the appropriate degree program]
Architecture Communications Media, and Environmental Systems 1.
http://cms.bsu.edu/Academics/CollegesandDepartments/CAP/Programs/Architecture/Programs/Masters/MArch/DegreeOptions/Two/ReqCourses.aspx
Architecture Communications Media, and Environmental Systems 1.
http://cms.bsu.edu/Academics/CollegesandDepartments/CAP/Programs/Architecture/Programs/Masters/MArch/DegreeOptions/Two/ReqCourses.aspx
14. What resources did your school have available to help you get through the most difficult courses? [Cite your source(s)]
15. Regarding the two most challenging courses, how did you persevere?
I persereverd because I knew that one day the buildings and bridges I help design will positivly effect people every day.
16. From what school(s) did you receive graduate degrees? [Cite your source(s)]
Ball State http://cms.bsu.edu/
17. What was the title or titles of the degree(s)? [Cite your source(s)]
Master of Architecture (MArch) Professional Degree. http://cms.bsu.edu/Academics/CollegesandDepartments/CAP/Programs/Architecture/Programs/Masters/MArch.aspx
18. What licenses do you have and what were the exams required to receive those licenses? [Cite your source(s)]
I am a licensed Architect. And I had to have an internship. Then I had to take a test called the Architect Registration Examination. Then I was a licensed architect. But for California I had to take an additional test called California Supplemental Examination. http://www.modative.com/modern-architects-blog/bid/27366/How-to-Become-a-Licensed-Architect
19. How would your clients and co-workers describe you?
As a hard working loveable guy:)
20. What do you hope to accomplish at the conclusion of your career?
I want to be a partail owner of architectual firm with Collin and Bryden.
21. Why should a high school student consider a career in your field? What important contribution(s) can they make?
Becuase it is very interesting to hlep design the exterior of varois buildings and to know that those buildings effect people every day. If they do continue to the architecture field they can contribute to socity by help design buildings that are used every day.
Conclusion
1. You described a career related to civil engineering and/or architecture. Is this the career field that you are currently most interested in at this stage in your life?
Although architectural field is very interesting this is not the career field I am most interested in.
2. Rank and describe the three most important characteristics that you value in choosing a post-secondary school.
Good classes is number one, second is nice campous, and third is good teachers.
3. Rank the following in the order of importance to you regarding a career: job satisfaction; salary; making a difference; level of responsibility; titles; benefits; hours; co-workers; supervisors. How will a career in civil engineering or architecture satisfy the factor that you ranked highest?
Salary
job satisfaction
hours
benefits
supervisors
co-workers
titles
difference makeing
level of responsibility
Salary
job satisfaction
hours
benefits
supervisors
co-workers
titles
difference makeing
level of responsibility
No comments:
Post a Comment